- (November 30, 2004) After about a year it broke. The elctronics went out. It was no longer under warranty, and trying to find someone to service it was a bear. I finally got someone from Sears. For $375.00 they replaced the central controller card. In three months it was broken again, same problem. I blew over $1,300 on a product which should have lasted years. To say the least I would not recommend it. If you do buy one, get an extended service warranty.
- (December 13, 2003) Just an expensive toy that does not produce any acceptable photos. I am a professional photographer and a field trial judge. I have owned many digital cameras that have had a lesser - rated resolution, and yet produced better photos than does this built in camera. I would not recommend anyone plan on taking photos with this device, and plan on having anyone who was not at the event, thus adding their recollection to the photo in order to discern that the photo is of, to find any photos taken to be worthwhile.
- (July 29, 2004) I bought this product after being dissapointed with the Bushnell Scout. The Nikon 440 rangefinder is a much better and lower priced product which give you the same features with better accuracy. Its optics are much brighter and clearer, plus it is smaller in size, which makes it easier to pocket. I found my unit to be spot-on at measured distances out to 40 yards - the farthest I will shoot a bow. I am very happy with this product, and I recommend it highly for those who trying to choose between it and the Bushnell.
- (02/03/2014) The picture shows a red cover but this one is black and very nice. The straps anchor it securely and no weather gets in. The boat looks brand new after years of use, particularly the inside. I'd definitely recommend this cover to anyone who wants to take care of their investment.
- (02/03/2014) I was really impressed how snugly this cover protects everything. The straps secure it nicely and it fully covers every spot where water or dirt could get in. This is a black cover, not red like the picture shows and its incredibly nice. Would buy again.
- (12/22/2013) I purchased a NordicTrack X11i that was delivered in September, and to this day it still does not incline as advertised. I have a defective product, and instead of replacing it, NordicTrack sends me parts they believe is causing the incline not to function properly. On every part, they have been wrong, and I still have a defective product. A quality company would do everything in their power to make this right, and not avoid following up with the customer in the hopes that they will go away. Well, I'm not going away. I paid for an incline trainer, so its not unreasonable for me to expect that it actually inclines.