- (December 01, 2007) Smooth, quiet, dependable, easy to fix on-the-spot w/simple small screwdriver, great crzank/handle. Looks like a Penn with gold anodized spool so keep an eye on it as it can be pilfered just for its looks...Smaller, i.e. lighter versions can pull in bigger fish than they are rated for so you can downsize if needed for travel or convience.
- (October 15, 2007) I used this reel only a couple times so far and have found it easier to use than a lot of people claim about casting reels. This is my first casting reel and I believe the technique isn't that hard to learn with this reel. I fished for a total of about 12 - 15 hours with this reel and have had no birdnests. I have had the line reel in a little loose and then had to pull it out to reel it back in and make it tight again, but that is it. I would recommend this reel for any beginner that is looking to use a casting reel. Good construction and easy to use.
- (July 13, 2006) My old faithfull 209 is ready for re conditioning. The Spring finely broke after ten years of hard continous use. I am sure that after repair it will serve me for another ten years. My reels see some extremely hard use in salt water fishing. I have caught many trophy salmon as well as oversized Sturgeon, and have never had a Drag failure. Well Built yet reasonable priced.
- (08/13/2013) I have fished second and third generation abu Garcia and Shimano low profile baitcast reels. The lexa 100 Is assembled with daiwa's • A7075 aluminum spool, super lightweight. I am able to cast lite lures with no problem and casting in the wind Is no problem, the mag system Is superb. Also the Ultimate Tournament Carbon Drag Is smooth. This reel Is a great value for the price. The frame is made of aluminum also the side plate. This reel Is also rated for salt water. Once dailed in backlashes are rare.
- (08/12/2013) Casting my own bullets as a hobby. Love this kit it's awesome for beginners as well as pros.
- (08/07/2013) Nice shirt just bought my second one after last year i put it through everything, Im a defensive tackle in northern Illinois and i needed something durable and warm for games and i didn't want to spend a million dollars. It was worth every penny