- (January 03, 2007) I have played soprano sax and flute for years, plus recorder and Irish whistle (and guitar), so I know my way around keys. I found the WX5/VL70-m combination a real exhilaration. The WX5 is easy to play. Setting it up takes time, and you have to make some choices, but the end result is a fantastically versatile instrumnent. After a while I took the plunge and bought Patchman's Turbochip, and it is very good, a definite improvement, superb detail on the acoustic instruments with all their quirks and unique habits. But note, the original VL70 chip was good too, until I heard the difference. I use an optical volume pedal because it's the best way to mix yourself in and out of a situation rather
- (August 14, 2007) my daughter is a beginning flute player and very slight in build. This flute has a beautiful sound and is easy for her to play. It is very affordable and is a beautiful instrument! I will update my review at the end of the year when she has been playing longer, but I think any beginning student would be happy with this instrument. It came highly recommended to us by a retired band instructor.
- (May 25, 2006) I first bought a WX5 over a year ago then sold it and regretted it ever since so I recently purchased another one. I missed it terribly! This instrument is so much fun to play I can hardly put it down. I don't play it all that well but am having a blast learning it! This is no toy, it is a real instrument worthy of professional musicians. Coupled with a quality tone generator such as the Yamaha VL70-m this beauty can sound like pretty much ANY instrument made, and some that cannot ever be made. I am a trumpet player but due to false teeth have trouble now playing and getting the kind of tone quality I was used to. I almost gave up the idea of ever being able to perform in public agai
- (04/02/2013) This little mic works great. Thanks so much and for the fast shipping.
- (01/06/2011) This is a great flute. This is the only flute I have owned and it works like it is new. Like any instrument it is good to keep it mantained and clean. It is great for beginners and more advanced. I have been very happy with this product. One note, for beginners I would advise purchasing caps for the open holes (They can be easily removed as the player advances).
- (11/19/2009) This is the best possible bass clarinet for me. I love everything about it and I've played the clarinet since 1943 and studied with great teachers. For me there are no problems with the throat tones. One of my teachers said to form the embouchure while thinking of a French girl sipping a lemonade in a sidewalk cafe on St. Germaine. Thus, I think "eau" to form the embouchure and this may help play the low register and the throat tones in tune. I've tuned many clarinets but this needs nothing to be done to it. The stock mouthpiece is quite good after a thinning the side and tip rails a lot.