- (December 12, 2004) While the Humanscale Freedom chair IS comfortable, I personally do not think it's great for some users to be sitting in for long periods of time. It looks great, the seat is comfortable, and it offers good lower back support, but the fact that you cannot lock the backrest into place makes this chair very annoying. In referring to this chair the company states, "movement...shouldn’t be constricted by locking mechanisms and manual controls". This sounds nice but after spending months sitting in this chair I disagree with their credo. At times you definitely DO want the ability to lock certain aspects of your chair in place. If I am sitting working at my PC I don't want the backrest of
- (October 26, 2007) 2 months after I purchased the desk, it started to fall apart. The drawers would not close, the keyboard shelf fell off and the sides started to split I had purchased the warranty, called Staples and was told I needed to call Bush Furniture, the maker. They told me they do not give refunds but would replace parts if I had the part numbers. The instruction manual had been thrown away so I could not get the part numbers. I am stuck with a faulty desk that continues to fall apart.
- (September 14, 2004) Altough the chair is expensive, once you sit in it, you wonder why you waited so long to purchase one. The controls are easy to operate and works great. I highly recommend the chair for anyone having back problems and even sciatic nerver problems. You can complement it with a cushion.
- (09/23/2013) I have been extremely happy with this office chair. I have tried many other more expensive models and never been quite satisfied. It is very comfortable and extremely good quality. We have used them for about a year and a half now and they look like the day we got them.
- (09/18/2013) Not a great chair for people who spend longs hours at their desks.
- (09/09/2013) The finish on these shelves is a little rough, but for a garage they are fine. One shelf was slightly damaged on arrival, B&Q gave discount as product was out of stock.