- (November 10, 2005) I am a 36 year-old who wanted a comfortable spot where I could relax while working with my notebook on my lap. This chair allows me to sit hour after hour in comfort. This chair is, ironically, the most inexpensive chair I own, yet the most comfortable. My back is thanking me tremendously. I also enjoy watching movies or listening to my mp3 player from this chair utilizing the audio connection. The sound coming from the chair's speakers is very clear. The bass control is a very nice feature, as well.
- (February 01, 2010) Purchased two of these chairs a little under 12 months ago but not from John Lewis. If you shop around you can get these much cheaper although not many stores hold them in stock. These chairs look absolutely fabulous in the flesh and based on looks alone they would get 5 stars. OK so I have a problem with the chairs. The seat pad is very solid (but comfy) and if you're quite short like me (5' 3") you may find the depth a little hazardous with drinks as the seat pad does tend to tip out of the seat when sitting or standing although this has improved with use. The underside of the seat cushion is upholstered in a cotton like material and fastened at the back with buttons. Unfortunately use of
- (July 11, 2012) I purchased this piece one week ago. I found out the hard way that water, even tiny drops of water, will stain the brown fabric BRIGHT WHITE. Even if you get a bead of sweat onto it because you are weaing shorts or a short sleeve shirt, it will stain it bright white. If you spill even a small glass of tap water on the couch, you will have ruined it. I've tried everything to turn it back to brown, and it just looks worse and worse. Ikea customer service is insultingly bad and absolutely no help. Avoid this piece or plan to cover it.
- (10/14/2013) We have had this sofa and matching love seat for 3 years. About 4 months ago we noticed a little bubble in the upholstery here and there. They bubbles have since grown, and ripped and now the enter "blended leather" is peeling off in chunks. It's absolutely awful. The top layer of the fabric or whatever it is, is very thin and it's bubbling and peeling off all over now. I'm very sad and disappointed. It looked good until then. However, soon after we got it, we noticed the feet turned our beige carpet pink where it had been sitting on the floor. Rooms to go, where we purchased it, did compensate us for that. However, now that it's almost completely destroyed I would definitely not recommend this item. Unless you are planning to replace your furniture in three years anyway, then it'll be fine.
- (10/04/2013) The chair is good quality. The leather is soft and has a nice grain to it. Shipping was ok. I bought it for the look and I am not disappointed.
- (09/15/2013) I like my chair very much. I have one in black and now I got this one. They look great together. I know they are repro's but they look almost as good as an original Eames lounger. This company had friendly staff that answered all my questions and they delivered my chairs fast. I highly recommend this company.