- (August 14, 2004) For $100, you can't beat this speaker. Great sound, good looks and easy operation are its strengths. It would be nice if the power switch were remote or auto-signal sensing, but you can get around this by connecting the power cable to a switched power outlet on your amp.
- (May 19, 2003) I had an old 50w Phillips sub on my home theater, and I was feeling inadequate when I listened to my cousin's and father's home theater systems. I was looking for a 150 watt subwoofer under $200, and hadn't stumbled across this Sony until shopping for a video camera (of all things). I hadn't seen anything any good for under $200, except some 100w subs. This Sony definitely gives me the Bass-Bang for my buck. The bass is nice and thick, as long as you turn the crossover down to cut out most of the higher end bass - which I always do, anyway. Even the high-end sounds good if you aren't trying to make the house rattle with volume. I always like to do a "sound check" with movies that ha
- (February 28, 2004) Wow! This sub is flat out amazing. If you're looking for a sub that can put out the ground shaking bass that you love to feel, this is it. With is 1,000w continuous - 2,400w PEAK! - Bash amp, it has more that enough power to handle anything you throw at it. While watching U-571, I could have sworn that the sinker bombs were being dropped on top of my house! This sub is also pretty accurate for a massive 15 incher. The .50 caliber and grenades of Black Hawk Down were reproduced extremely well. Sounds like helicopters are landing in your living room! Good clean bass, not muddy or distorted at all. It's impossible to turn up this sub without first taking everything off the walls, and all breaka
- (10/29/2013) Great product!
- (09/02/2013) Great sound, easy setup, easy adjustments; highly recommended
- (08/29/2013) I was setting up a simple home theater and was constrained by budget and space concerns. This product was just the right fit in every sense of the word, and its ease of set up with controllable volume (which keeps my wife happy) has been a joy. Adding bass to the sound has enhanced it tremendously, and this is a great product for that.