- (September 30, 2004) Have had the TV for 1 week. Excellent. Prior to purchase - did in depth comparisons to Sony Grand Wega KF50WE610 (LCD), Hitachi 50V500 (LCD), and Panasonic PT-50LC13 (LCD). So that's my frame of reference for what is good or bad...or rather what is good or better as none were really bad. Samsung DLP had best side-by-side comparison for color richness / brightness...its more vivid. It had better true black. It has the smallest dimensions of all - I think because its speakers are on the bottom versus on the sides and its depth is a few inches shorter than the LCD models. I like the five picture modes - wide, panorama, standard (4:3), zoom 1 and zoom 2. I watch a lot of
- (July 30, 2004) I bought this third generation DLP after a long hard search for the "perfect" HDTV. Plasma's expense and burn in problems (I watch FOX and CNBC often) just worried me too much, and LCDs looked good but not like this. Almost bought an EDTV 42" Samsung plasma because of the cost and the 2 year standard warranty, but I knew I would eventually wonder about a full blown HDTV and would buy one in a few years to replace it. I consider this set a way to avoid that step. I was also worried about the salesmans desire to take it out of the box before I bought it and confirm that it worked - and he stressed about not tilting the set past 90 degrees - this had me concerned about how fragile it was.
- (August 10, 2004) best tv we have ever owned, very user friendly, haven't used speakers,connected to surround sound, size smaller than most because speakers are below screen instead of beside, makes it much easier to fit in a cabinet. make sure you buy the hlp model because it is much better than the older hln models
- (01/12/2014) This is not the good deal. I have found the great deal for this tv from the http://dealpursue.com and i like the Tv quality.
- (03/16/2013) I have had this television for over 2 years and it has not had any type of problem. The sound was not of clear quality, so I bought the Bose Solo sound system, and now I have a great picture with sound quality combined. I would recommend this tv to anyone, just don't buy it from Amazon, they don't stand behind their products especially if it is sent from a 3rd party they contract with.
- (11/26/2012) This was a super buy. Great television.