iPhone is a revolutionary new mobile phone that allows you to make a call by simply tapping a name or number in your address book, a favorites list, or a call log. It also automatically syncs all your contacts from a Windows PC, Mac, or Internet service. iPhone is a widescreen iPod with touch controls that lets you enjoy your content on a beautiful 3.5-inch display. It features rich HTML email and Safari web browser. And iPhone multitasks, so you can make a phone call while emailing a photo or surfing the web over a Wi-Fi connection. iPhone introduces the most revolutionary user interface since the mouse, the most advanced software ever engineered, and true state-of-the-art technology that will change the way you think about a mobile device. With over 300 patents, iPhone is years ahead of any other phone available today.
Operating System: iOS
Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi Yes, Bluetooth Yes, NFC No
Phone Carrier: AT&T
Form Factor: Bar
Data Capabilities: GPRS, EDGE
Interface Connection: USB No, Headphone Yes
Smart Features: Hands-free, Voice Mail, Picture Editor, Organizer, Music Player, Video Player, Widget, Web Browser, Vibrate Alert
Camera: 2 Megapixel - Primary
Product Title: Apple iPhone 2G MB384LL/A Smartphone - Wireless LAN - 2.5G - Bar - Black
Power Score: 3.7 | 12 Reviews
Input Method: Touchscreen
Touchscreen Type: Capacitive
Screen Type: LCD
Diagonal Screen Size: 3.5"
Max Resolution: 480 x 320
Operating System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.8
Internal Storage Memory: 16 GB
Rear Camera Megapixels: 2 Megapixel
Cellular Frequency Technology: GSM 800, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900
Max Standby Time (Battery): 250 Hour
Max Talk Time (Battery): 8 Hour
Height: 4.5 in
Weight: 4.80 oz
Width: 2.4 in
Depth: 0.5 in
Warranty Information: 1 Year Limited Warranty
URL: Manufacturer Link
Main Screen Resolution: 480 x 320
Integrated TV Tuner: No
Network Architecture Supported: Wireless Ethernet - 11 Mbps IEEE802.11b, Wireless Ethernet - 54 Mbps IEEE802.11g
Product Line: iPhone 2G
Dimensions: 4.50" Height x 2.40" Width x 0.46" Depth
Product Model: MB384LL/A
Radio Tuner: No
Brand Name: Apple
Main Screen Size: 3.5"
Digital PCS Technology: GSM 1900MHz, GSM 850MHz
Rear Camera Resolution: 2 Megapixel
Main Screen Type: LCD
Messaging Type: Email
GPS Reciever: No
Frequency Band: Internet use: Up to 6 hoursVideo playback: Up to 7 hoursAudio playback: Up to 24 hoursGoogle and Yahoo! built right in, for convenient searchingApple Lossless audio formatDock Connector to USB Cable
Main Screen Color Support: 16.7 Million Colors
Main Display Screen: 3.5" Active Matrix TFT Color LCD
Special Features: Speakerphone
Cellular Generation: 2.5G
Dual SIM Support: No
Memory Card Slot: No
Software Included: iTunes Wi-Fi Music StoreiPod (music, audiobooks, videos, TV shows, movies)Safari
Battery Technology: Lithium Ion
Battery Life (Audio): 7 hour(s)
Cellular Data Connectivity Technology: EDGE
Maximum Image Resolution: 1600 x 1200
Included Devices: Cradle, Hands-Free Headset, USB Cable
Network Band: Quad Band
Call Features: Call Waiting
Number of SIM Card Supported: 1
Number of Screens: 1
Near Field Communication: No
A/V Out: No
Cellular Network Support: GSM 1900
Camera Rotation: No
Input Method: Touchscreen
Product Reviews (12)
best phone I've ever used!
Strengths: Slim, lightweight, FAST, bright screen, great audio quality
Weakness: Haven't found them yet
A huge touchscreen display, with a user interface that really is a modern wonder. It's also a fine media player, but then so are its competitors. If you've got the cash and you love the look, then the iPhone could be your phone, but for the rest of us on a budget, you'd be advised to forget the charms of the iPhone and buy a cheaper alternative that does so much more.
By Bioalex - May 13, 2009
Good Unlocked Phone..... only hang once
Strengths: Good Unlocked Phone
Weakness: Hang once....
Good Unlocked Phone... I faced no issues with the second phone they sent me... First phone had some small holes (10) on back side.. Seller replaced and new phone has no issues.. just once it hang... I dont know why.. but so far no issues of any sort.... all applications are unlocked
By niteshshelar - Sep 4, 2008
Strengths: You dont have to carry an iPod and cellphone around anymore. Full browser. Larger screen.
Weakness: See below
Coming from a Blackberry Curve, I was hoping to get everything the Curve had + the great features of the iPod. Ive heard so many reviews hyping this as the "best smartphone on the market". All those reviewers dont expect a smart phone to be able to copy and paste, search your contacts, and many other essential features. This review is about the 3G iPhone (which is not listed on PriceGrabber yet)....
Read Full Review
Coming from a Blackberry Curve, I was hoping to get everything the Curve had + the great features of the iPod. Ive heard so many reviews hyping this as the "best smartphone on the market". All those reviewers dont expect a smart phone to be able to copy and paste, search your contacts, and many other essential features. This review is about the 3G iPhone (which is not listed on PriceGrabber yet).
What I miss about my Blackberry...
- Using any song or mp3 as a ringtone paying $2/tone through iTunes store. The default tones that come with the iPhone are horrible... wonder why??
- Half the money I paid for my iPhone. The 16GB iPhone is only $299 if youre a new ATT customer or your contract has expired. Its twice that ($600) if youre already in a contract, and you must sign a new 2-year even if you pay $600.
- Different tones for phone call, voicemail, txt message, email, or calender alert.
- Copy and Paste!
- Saving edited files
- Sending MMS (photo) txt messages. iPhone can only send images via email
- Click on a phone number in an email or txt message to place a call.
- Speed dial
- Voice dialing
- Quickly toggling back and forth between apps. Way slower on iPhone.
- Creating quick To Do Tasks with audible and visual reminders, which synch to my Outlook.
- Syncing my Notes to Outlook
- Searching my Contacts by keyword to make a call, txt, or email
- Searching my Calendar by keyword
- Universal search
- One charge lasts 3-4 days
- That blinking red light on the top of the phone that showed me when I missed a call, txt, email, reminder, or calendar event.
- Auto power off/on (12am-7am) to save short and longterm battery life.
- Replacing the front/back cover for $20 on ebay whenever I scratched or broke my phone.
- Replacing my battery
- Checking my voicemail in my car (thu bluetooth). iPhone only allows handset or speaker to listen to voicemail.
- Feeling which letter im typing
- Accessing special characters like ? ! . , faster
- Camera with flash for night shots
What I dont miss about my Blackberry
- Not being able to use it as a (good) mp3 or movie player
- Not having a full browser experience
- Having to enter my password to unlock the keypad
What I miss about my iPod
- Quickly adding songs to "on the go" playlist. You have to tell the iPhone youre going to create an "on the go" before you start adding songs.
- Searching for songs by keyword
- The extra 44gb of music/movies
- Playing my music in any SoundDock. The iPhone is not compatible with any iPod sounddock ive tried. The best you can get is to put it on airplane mode and it will play on some.
Bottomline... The iPhone is fun to play with but the Blackberry Curve gets s*** done.
By anonymous; - Aug 28, 2008
Best phone ever
Strengths: best phone ever
Its like having a mini computer in my cell phone. Imaps makes me never lost, and all the apps of version 2.0 are so cool. they entertain me all day
By patrickfeldman - Aug 15, 2008
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB New Retail from Apple not Black Market (7/2008 Model)
Strengths: Total Communication Integration on the GO! Eye Candy for your ilife. Less junk to carry now. Very good video and sound. Fast on wifi. Lots of free & low priced apps.
Weakness: ATT! Edge speed. Lack of full 3G signal in 3G Service Area. Bandwidth is weak at the strongest signal strength. Battery Life with full time 3G.
Great Phone and features. Can and will be improved by software updates. The hardware is great. Better hardware will come, but this model phone is totally 21st Century. I waited for the 3g model. I was rewarded for doing so. The 16GB capacity is actually 14GB to the user. Photo, video, and music space is livable at these levels. More would be better, but now you can carry most of what you want....
Read Full Review
Great Phone and features. Can and will be improved by software updates. The hardware is great. Better hardware will come, but this model phone is totally 21st Century. I waited for the 3g model. I was rewarded for doing so. The 16GB capacity is actually 14GB to the user. Photo, video, and music space is livable at these levels. More would be better, but now you can carry most of what you want. Free music apps like Pandora fill in the gaps quite nicely though. All the bug related issues are rapidly being solved. Get a sturdy DC adapter from Griffin through ATT for 25 bucks that is guaranteed to charge 3g model. As I said, great phone that will get better without waiting for a hardware upgrade.
By jeffreymsilberman - Aug 15, 2008