When it's good time to turn your Personal Computer into home multimedia entertainment? Combines with Digital TV, Analog TV, Multimedia capture, Real-Time recording. Saving you big bucks which you won't have to purchase another new electronic equipments.Here it is, the solution of all. Introducing ATSC 110, the Digital / Analog HDTV Tuner PCI card specially designed for PC. Capable of receiving both ATSC TV and Analog TV signal. In other word, it means you could watch up to over 100 channels (Varies by many factors). Enhances your viewing experience with HDTV quality and supports up to 1920 x 1080i resolution with Dolby Digital AC3 Audio output which offers theatre like sound quality.
Form Factor: Internal Card
Slot/Port Type: PCI
Video Standard Supported: ATSC, NTSC
Audio Video Connectors: 1 x TV, 1 x TV, 1 x mini-DIN, 1 x RCA Video In, 1 x Phone Jack Audio In, 1 x Phone Jack Audio Out, 1 x AC3 Audio Out
Operating System: PC
Product Title: Kworld VS-ATSC110R Digital/Analog HDTV Tuner PCI
Power Score: 3.2 | 22 Reviews
Video Capture Format: S-Video, Composite Video, MPEG-2
Warranty Information: 1 Year Limited Warranty
URL: Manufacturer Link
Included Components: Manual, Remote Control, TV Tuning Software
Functionality: TV Tuner, Video Capture
Height: 3.85 in
Description: ATSC-110 PCI Digital / Analog HDTV Tuner
Width: 4.72 in
General Features: Time Elapse Function, Time Shifting Technology
Interface Connection: Audio - RCA, Composite video, S-video, TV Input: Coaxial TV Antenna
Product Reviews (10)
check other product with the same price range
Strengths: easy to setup, good picture quality.
Weakness: good Beyond TV bundle but not a full version, slow software, remote doesn't work with Beyond Tv or other software. won't reply to email,
Basically outline the pros and cons of the product. Bought the product and decided to give the rebate offer a trial to see if it's actually not working as stated by other posters. Will not buy anymore KWorld products if the rebate is not honored. Somehow the remote is not working. Pressing the power button keep asking me to re-initialize the tv application settings. The drop down menu doesn't...
Read Full Review
Basically outline the pros and cons of the product. Bought the product and decided to give the rebate offer a trial to see if it's actually not working as stated by other posters. Will not buy anymore KWorld products if the rebate is not honored. Somehow the remote is not working. Pressing the power button keep asking me to re-initialize the tv application settings. The drop down menu doesn't have any selections for the application. Sent email and no reply from tech support.
By anonymous; - Apr 19, 2007
Junky product - should not be sold
Strengths: None found except that it can do HDTV
Weakness: Lots of them, see my comments
I've had the worst experience with this card. Ever since HDTV cable became popular, I wanted to watch TV in HD on my computer. This was one of the first HD tuners. First of all, the software is crap. SnapStream's BeyondTV is a monster full of bugs. * When I switch to Live TV mode, it takes 10-15 seconds before it actually shows me the live TV. Moreover, it's not LIVE at all, it's a live feed...
Read Full Review
I've had the worst experience with this card.
Ever since HDTV cable became popular, I wanted to watch TV in HD on my computer. This was one of the first HD tuners.
First of all, the software is crap. SnapStream's BeyondTV is a monster full of bugs.
* When I switch to Live TV mode, it takes 10-15 seconds before it actually shows me the live TV. Moreover, it's not LIVE at all, it's a live feed delayed by 5-10 seconds, making it pretty hard to change channels on my cable box or go through the channel guide with my cable remote. I press a button and wait 5 seconds for things to change - completely unacceptable.
By the way, I've just recently upgraded to Vista, and now the delay jumped up to 10 seconds.
* Beyond TV doesn't know how to work with your OS well, the screen saver in particular. First, it doesn't disable the screen saver after I switch into Full Screen mode. 15 minutes later the screen saver kicks in. I press a button on my keyboard to go back to watching TV, and Beyond TV hangs my computer for 30 seconds (!!!!), then starts showing the stuff I was watching 15 minutes ago -- yes, it has been recording from the moment I switched to Live TV, and now it's showing me exactly that. I have to stop and restart Live TV mode - additional 15 seconds.
* Here's another quirk - after the steps above, Beyond TV completely disables the screen saver - so my computer can sit in an UNLOCKED mode for days, which means anyone can read my e-mail/documents/etc, unless I specifically lock my computer with WindowsKey+L. I contacted SnapStream but wasn't given any answer on the screen saver problem. Upgrading to the latest version didn't help.
* Poor configuration settings - I don't care about the DVR features but there doesnt' seem to be a way to disable them. all I want to do is watch live TV. Can't seem to find where to disable it from downloading channel lineup too - I don't need it either.
* It requires that you register when installing, e.g. create an account on their site. C'mon guys, all I want to do is watch TV.
* Video is choppy and stops once in a while, especially when in Full Screen mode. I have a pretty good video card and a Pentium Core 2 Duo, so it's not my computer to blame here. I've tried using antenna input, S-Video, and Composite, and even a different cable box altogether - same situation.
* The card is not recognized by the Microsoft Media Center in Vista; otherwise I would have gotten rid of BeyondTV.
I'm not sure if most of the problems I'm having is due to the bad hardware or software but frankly I don't care.
I used to have a Hauppauge card, which worked for me for over 7 years. I moved it between 3 different computers and 3 operating systems in those years (Win98, Win2000, WinXP) and never had any problems.
Now that Hauppauge finally has a HDTV tuner (released Feb07, as they had promised me via e-mail), I'm going to order one from them.
By metalchopper - Mar 29, 2007
Good card for OTA digital tv
Strengths: clear, strong picture. easy to install, works with programs like beyond tv
Weakness: poor documentation and support
The card works great for OTA digital TV. Also works alomost flawlessly with Beyond TV. If you have a strong signal you can pick up channels with an indoor antenna but is more reliable with outdoor.
You'll also need a good video card and/or a powerful cpu to play back the recordings.
By aarongrose - Feb 27, 2007
very good tv capture card
Strengths: inexpensive, qam digital cable capture, linux compatible
Weakness: windows mce conflict
I am using this card in my media pc (shuttle xpc, xfx 6300 nvidia w/dvi out, windows mce). The card works well under gbpvr, although I had some trouble at first installing it in MCE (conflict with MCE capture driver). The card is also supposed to work under Linux, with MythTV but I have not tried it yet in that configuration.
By vpvl66 - Feb 13, 2007
HDTV Card (ATSC-110)
Strengths: easy setup, picture quality
Weakness: sometimes freezes
I bought this HDTV tuner card when there was a promotion. The installation was painless. The Beyond TV software scans for channels and shows you the signal strength. The picture quality is quite good. But if you change channels fast before pictures show up, sometimes the software freezes. I figured this is a software problem rather than a hardware problem.
By zhipingzhou - Jan 28, 2007