- (October 01, 2004) I decided to purchase the pioneer dvr108 oem version mainly because I heard and read of it's high compatablity in burning and that was the most important factor in my purchase. I ordered some ritek g04/g05 for there well known good price and high compatablity. I used the 1.14 firmware the software that I used was nero burning rom 6 that came with my old cdrw drive. Using ritek brand g04 I was able to burn them at 8x speed for 4x discs and they read fine. Also the g05s rated at 8x were able to burn at 12x! this is very quick (4x is around 15mins) To make all the burning speed available you can also flash it with a optional firmware. This is of course done at ur own risk. Mine wor
- (September 18, 2004) I'm using this card in an Olympus C-5060 camera which has the latest firmware revision (v756-81). I tested the write time it took the card to write a 2592x1944 RAW image with a few other cards I have and it came in second place only to the Lexar WA (Write Accelerated) card, but not by much (0.08 sec). My data is as follows: Lexar 1GB CF w WA => 8.17 sec SanDisk 1GB CF Ultra II => 8.25 sec IBM 1GB CF Microdrive => 9.15 sec Canon 16MB CF => 21.3 sec Olympus 32MB xD => 11.46 sec In my Olympus C-5060 camera this card is estimated to hold the following number of pictures depending on the used resolution. RAW => 133 pictures SHQ => 273 pictures HQ => 801 pictures I would
- (September 21, 2004) GREAT value and GREAT performer. I purchased a Sony 18A a few months ago and it's a good drive; but the new NEC drive has better specs (twice the speed) and costs about the same (a little more -- but not much). I've burned a few DVD-R, DVD+R, and DVD+RWs on the drive (various speeds), and one DVD+R DL (at $13.00 each I have to have something really valuable to do it) -- and it worked in every case. Perhaps there are better drives -- but there certainly aren't any better value ones... Indeed, I like it so much I ordered another one. This drive gets a thumbs up -- the only thing that might be an issue is firmware maintenance for newer dye substrates (but that will be some
- (09/16/2013) After an unexpected computer shutdown, this toshiba drive suddenly said I had to reformat. It took about 6 1/2 days to reformat it! When I got the message that the format was complete, and checked that it showed up in windows explorer, I unplugged it, rebooted the computer out of safe mode and into regular mode. I replugged the Toshiba drive and now it's telling me it has to be formatted! AARGH. This is a disaster. PS: It won't format using quick format in my Windows 7 professional. This is a totally useless unit.
- (09/15/2013) Bought it with a new Nikon D7100 for my wife, who is a very beginner. Fast and reliable card. My six years old card reader "Sun Disk ImageMate 8 in 1" does not read it. I have to use Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual Slot Memory Card Reader.
- (09/15/2013) Good card