- (December 09, 2005) (Jan 6th, 2008) This review is a bit easier since I am fortunate to have one box running the older Audigy 2 ZS soundcard, my fiancee's running an Auzentech X-Meridian, my lab mid-tower running the new Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and my full tower with the X-Fi Fatal1ty version (which is identical to the newly named Platinum Fatal1ty Champion setup). So, a side by side comparison is easy. The Platinum Fatal1ty version of the card includes the basic soundcard but with the addition of 64 MB of onboard RAM, a glossy black Input/Output(IO) box that slides into any 5 1/4 inch drive bay and a nicely labeled remote. In comparison to the other price points, it has the 64 MB of memory (X-RAM) that the X
- (January 07, 2004) I got this card for Christmas and have nothing bad to say about it (although I haven't come close to playing with all of the features of this card). Although the price is high, you pay for what you get. The Live Drive (front panel) feature gives you access to just about everything you could imagine related to audio, and even includes a firewire port (front bezel comes in black, but the package also has a swapable white bezel). I like the ability to plug a guitar, microphone, or keyboard right into the front of my computer. So far, this card has done everything I have wanted it to do. Buy it...you won't be disappointed!
- (February 26, 2007) This card works well if you watch movies. Its okay for most daily uses and is easy to install. If you are into gaming I would recommend one of the cards with X-Ram!! I'm probably going to sell this at my yard sale in the spring and order me one of the Super gaming cards from Creative with X-Ram.
- (06/29/2013) No fuss drivers. It just works!
- (10/08/2012) Crutchfield has collected 15 user reviews for this product with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. The most recent reviewer said, "Sound is much improved. Very satisfied."
- (04/19/2012) Crutchfield has collected 2 user reviews for this product with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. The most recent reviewer said, "Easy to use. Great sound with the RCA outputs into the preamp. Spectacular sound with the optical output (optical cable not included) into my upsampling DAC. Internet radio now a wonderful option (sound far better than HD into the same amp and speakers). Highly recommended. Also recommended is AudioEngine's customer service. Extremely friendly and helpful. "