- (August 06, 2004) I've burned 5 DVD's now of converted VHS tapes and have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use this device and the quality of the resulting DVD's. I was looking for an easy to use method to transfer some of my old VHS tapes to DVD while the tapes were still readable. While the quality obviously isn't the same as a commercial DVD, it is equal to or slightly better than the original VHS. The packaged software is fairly easy to use and has more editing options than I expected. This unit will also allow direct capture from your TV, video cam, VCR, etc., so there are a lot of options for capture. I haven't done any direct capture from cable yet, but plan on testing that soon. I really
- (February 21, 2004) This is a great hardware device, the problem is the software. My package did not come with a serial number on the install disk, I had to call Pinnacle to get a number I was on hold for over an hour before I actually talked to a human, by the way it is not a toll free number so you can add that cost the price of the unit another 6 bucks for the phone call and a bunch of aggravation, if you use a cordless phone make sure it is fully charged before calling support that would really stink if you lost them after waiting for an hour. Every thing is tied to the software number that they didn’t include with the product, then you have to fax your receipt to Pinnacle to get them to send you a seria
- (August 12, 2004) I tried for 2 weeks to get the HDTV Wonder to work in my system. I could only get it to partially work and it would consistantly crash and cause artifacts in the windows XP desktop. They need to recall these useless cards. I'm tossing mine in the garbage and will never buy ATI again.
- (09/10/2013) The pogoplug was very simple to set up with an external drive, and the interface for various devices and platforms is easy to use. For instant, personal cloud storage without any monthly fees, this is the best solution I could find. I find this great for all-around use...perhaps not up to streaming high quality video, but one can download videos stored on the device at full resolution and play them locally. As I said, the interface is great, and it's possible to share folders with other people via a link, but creating secure (password protected) folders that others may access requires an additional subscription. Pogoplug offers backup software for (free, I think) download to be used with this device, but I prefer to keep full backups on a device that's not networked.
- (09/05/2013) I have using this product and si far working perfectly, video quality from preloaded files very nice
- (09/03/2013) Easy setup of this camera. Purchased 2 to monitor a new puppy while I am at work. Night vision works perfectly for me to check when up for the night and pup is howling or yapping. I can monitor the cameras from the mydlink lite app for my phone or from a PC.