- (October 29, 2004) This is a perfect card for anyone with a Digital SLR, or high mega pixel camera. It is rated at 80X, which corresponds to 12 MB/sec transfer speeds. I found this card to be the fastest CF card I've ever used. One point - you will absolutely not notice the speed of this card if you have a consumer level, 2 - 5 megapixel camera. A five megapixel JPEG image is about 2.5 MB for example - a card with 12 MB/sec write speeds isn't needed. If, however, you have a digital SLR, or a camera with an uncompressed image format (RAW, TIFF, etc), get this card.
- (September 18, 2004) I'm using this card in an Olympus C-5060 camera which has the latest firmware revision (v756-81). I tested the write time it took the card to write a 2592x1944 RAW image with a few other cards I have and it came in second place only to the Lexar WA (Write Accelerated) card, but not by much (0.08 sec). My data is as follows: Lexar 1GB CF w WA => 8.17 sec SanDisk 1GB CF Ultra II => 8.25 sec IBM 1GB CF Microdrive => 9.15 sec Canon 16MB CF => 21.3 sec Olympus 32MB xD => 11.46 sec In my Olympus C-5060 camera this card is estimated to hold the following number of pictures depending on the used resolution. RAW => 133 pictures SHQ => 273 pictures HQ => 801 pictures I would
- (May 17, 2004) I recently bought Canon Powershot S1 IS. It’s a 3.2MP camera and the supplied memory card (32MB) is just too small. I did a research and found out this card with reasonable price. So far as I used it, it works great (you won’t believe how fast it is). The only thing I am worried about is that it was manufactured in China. I thought it would be made in Taiwan or USA. No offense but I personally have bad experience for buying high-tech products that were made in China and broke in couple weeks. But the good news is that this product comes with life warranty and Sandisk Inc. claims they will replace it if it breaks.
- (09/15/2013) Bought it with a new Nikon D7100 for my wife, who is a very beginner. Fast and reliable card. My six years old card reader "Sun Disk ImageMate 8 in 1" does not read it. I have to use Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual Slot Memory Card Reader.
- (09/15/2013) Good card
- (09/12/2013) I bought it as an "extra" for a trip I was taking to photograph wild horses. It worked perfectly during the day and downloaded fast and fine each night. Very Happy with it.