- (October 22, 2004) BACKROUND: My previous system is 3 years old, (an Athlon 1900XP) and while still very good, is showing its age with newer software. In deciding which CPU/mother board combo to purchase, I spent 4 months watching reviews for AMD 64s and P4s at various sites, while tracking prices at Pricegrabber. Based on my results, I decided on the AMD 64 3500. DECIDING PURCHASE FACTORS: Ultimately, I reversed my descision and purchased this unit (AMD Barton Athlon XP 3200+ ) for the following reasons: 1) No 64 bit Operating Sytem available yet(AMD64) 2) Very limited 64 bit optimized software available in the near future (AMD 64) 3) Very limited hyperthreading optimized software available
- (July 08, 2004) This processor is powerful. And if you want to save on household utility bills, you can heat at least one room with it. I’m not joking at all here—it runs that hot. I recommend this processor, only if you are willing to go the extra steps to ensure better CPU cooling. This CPU’s normal operating temperature was near 60-62°C in a PC with: a 4-fan Aluminum Coolermaster Praetorian case, all round system cables, wrapped, and stowed for maximum “wind tunnel” system airflow; no system load; a video card that runs cool; HDDs that run very cool; no overclocking; and on a cool Spring day (60°F ambient room temperature). This was with the stock Intel heat sink and fan. I have m
- (January 15, 2006) I have discontinued this review because as any tech geek knows, times change and better products are manufactured. If you are currently in need of a high end processor then take a look at the Intel Core 2 Duo series. Intel has come back from the edge and has now bested any of AMD's latest offerings. (My review from here was written in March of 2006) When I first got into building power computers for my graduate research a few years back, I said, "Amd, smay-m-d". Nothing was better than a Pentium. Then I noticed the fans in my box making a hell of a whirling sound. Even later, I noticed my BIOS reporting 77 degrees C for the CPU ! (WTF !!!) To cap it off, I saw my friend's AMD box run game
- (01/11/2014) hola necesito comprar memoria DDR 1 1GB tenes y a que precio
- (08/27/2013) Apple Mac Pro for video editing. It has increased our production due to the speed over our old video card.
- (08/03/2013) As I said, the first board had big problems. However, I will congratulate Provantage with how well the handled the RMA. I informed them of the problems on Wednesday, and had the RMA on Thursday. They paid for the return shipping, and shipped me the replacement board on Friday, before I was able to get the old board to UPS. Very happy with the response, although it would have obviously been better if the first board had been OK