- (December 21, 2004) The Canon 580EX flash is far better than I expected! The flash recycle times are amazing. I am glad I spent a little more, it is well worth it. This flash is a great addition to my 20D. I can't stop smiling. The built-in catch light reflector built-in white card to bounce flash) is very much appreciated. Use Pricegrabber.com's Get Pricing Alert feature to save some money. Pricegrabber.com emailed me about a Dell deal that must have been a mistake (price jumped back up the next day to $420 range). I got mine for $361! Pricegrabber.com is my first choice for pricing and picking a company to use. Keep up the great work! Thanks Dan Vincent Zanesville OH
- (September 20, 2004) This flash is the probably the best flash I have ever used. WELL worth the money. I recently purchased a Nikon D70 and found that the built in flash was just not powerful enough to provide the lighting I wanted. The SB-800 fills that job and then some! It's built in focus assist LEDs help the camera focus easier in dim light. The flash head actually zooms and focuses the flash beam depending on the zoom settting of your lens. The head can be angled or rotated to nearly any position you could need. For even further creativity, the flash works awesome in wireless remote mode. You can set up a camera like the D70 to remotely trigger the SB-800. So you can place the SB-800 anywhere and
- (December 25, 2003) I've used Nikon dedicated flashes for years beginning with SB-25, then SB-26, then SB28. From SB-25 on, Nikon has lead the industry in dedicated-flash performance but the SB-800 is the best they've ever made. If you have a D100, get one of these...it'll change your life. Also will allow camera's own battery to save itself for pictures instead draining itself to power the pop-up flash.
- (09/10/2013) Provides very good, even flash coverage for the Fuji x100S camera. Functions perfectly off camera in slave mode (has 2 modes, one with pre-flash and the other no pre-flash). I would of scored this higher if the flash was able to bounce and was lower in price. Though built very solid, it would be great if it came in silver to match the x100s.
- (09/10/2013) Great Value .. cannot beat it for the price
- (09/10/2013) More powerful than expected.