- (September 21, 2007) Originally we plan on buying a cheap 400w inverter output from the car cigarette lighter socket, but saw the deal on this one from pepboys which costs as much as the 400w ones. The biggest problem we had is installation, maybe the manufacturer really expects you to get some professional installer to install this, it doesn't come with the cable. It has the metal conductors, but you need a special crimp tool for securing the cables to the conductors. After this is done, the other step is easy... You can mount this inverter on your car. We haven't the chance testing the real 2000w potential on this yet since we are only using it for an air pump which has been working great so far.
- (July 23, 2006) Ran into several jams using this nailer. Although the jams were easily removed, it was the magnitude that was very disturbing...normally you may get a few...not 20-40. The pressure was set correctly and I was using the pins provided in the kit but later changed to a PK package of pins on hand but the jams persisted. Other than jamming, the other features worked well. Of all my PK tools, this is the first to fail me.
- (July 05, 2008) Has worked flawlessly for almost 6 weeks and has a better 'feel' than other nailers I have used. I have used assorted nailers of various brands (round-head framer, finish nailer and a different brand brad nailer) and this one outshines them all. As mentioned, the feel of the nailer (balance and weight) in the hand is great, and one of its stand-out features is the ability to handle full 2-inch brad nails. My other brad nailer can only do 1 5/8" and sometimes you just NEED that extra length to avoid having to pull out the bigger finish nailer. So far I have installed a 'tin' ceiling in the dining room and a fair amount of molding as well as doing some cabinet repair using the Makita an
- (06/16/2013) I have 2 batteries with the fuel gauge built in and have 2 batteries without, it is nice to know how much charge is left and this fuel gauge lets you check b4 you start your project
- (06/11/2013) When you need 10/2 Romex with a ground wire, this works fine.
- (06/11/2013) Used it to install wire fencing around the yard. Was much easier than trying to hold use a spring-operated staple gun. Aside from trying to figure out how to load the staples, it fit the bill perfectly.