- (August 14, 2005) The Brother XR65T was a gift and I was very happy with it after daily frustrations from a very old White that needed to retire. I do a lot of machine quilting, and the Brother held up to 3 1/2 quilts before it finally started breaking needles in the straight stitch even on slow speed with manual settings. Perhaps the first needle that broke out of the box when trying to use the 1/4 inch stitch quilt foot should've been an omen, but I chalked it up to not knowing the machine and never used that foot again. I sewed by the manual settings, but maybe it just wasn't made for the amount/type of sewing I do. ANYWAY, the bobbin kept getting stuck every time the needle went down and the inevitibl
- (March 26, 2005) for the money you save, this maching will save you a lot of money and will serve you greatly. this machine also has a nice wide base with and doesent wobble as you sew, very sturdy and it is very comfortable to use!
- (January 08, 2007) I have and would recommend this machine again and again. I suggested the purchase to both my Mom and my Aunt and they have both purchased the machine. I found the machine easy to use and very lite to carry. The durability comes with the accident I had when carrying my machine. I had taken a class at a local craft shop for a table runner it was wet out and things were a bit icy. I have about 5 steps to climb to go into my house as I was climbing the steps I slipped while carrying my machine. I set my machine on the top rail of my porch to catch my balance and unfortunately it went over the side of the porch and down to my asphalt drive about 6-7 feet. I was devastated and you would have
- (08/24/2013) The instruction book for this machine is unnecessarily complicated and disjointed, not easy to follow, especially for the threading information. I used a Brother sewing machine before this for many years. It lasted forever and was simple to thread and sew with until it simply was worn out. I have no objection to the way this machine operates once you get through the instruction book. It is smooth and powerful. I recommend that you don't throw the book away--if you don't sew for many months, you will probably need it again to get you up and running. I would recommend it to a friend only if they had the patience to get through the instructions.
- (06/11/2013) I love this Singer sewing machine! It has all the basic features I need -- without having to deal with, or try to figure out, any digital electronics. The threading of the bobbin and needle is very simple. I can sit and really enjoy what I am sewing.
- (05/28/2013) Since I'm a fifty-plus years sewer, I wasn't impressed with the "automatic" needle threader.....but that said...this is an excellent value for every-day type of sewing that I do...easy set up for me as I've used Singers only. The change from one style stitch to another is practically effortless!