- (March 02, 2005) I bought this iron because Consumer Reports reviewed this iron and rated it the best steam iron. After having a bunch of irons I would have to agree. It was worth the $50 bucks!
- (September 26, 2004) This is my first new iron in 20 years. I love the size, the ease of use, the steam feature and digital heat control. I would recommend the Black & Decker D2020 Digital Advantage Iron very highly.
- (September 21, 2007) I'd been looking around for a clothes steamer for months and decided on the IS8100 due to its many positive reviews, quick start-up time, and impressive continuous steaming time (key when you're steaming a bunch of shirts and don't want to stop to refill the reservoir). It's neat to see the wrinkles just disappear as you're steaming an item of clothing, and it's much quicker and better for your clothing than ironing.
- (07/18/2013) Iron does not effectively remove wrinkles even at highest setting. Steam feature leaked on first use.
- (06/16/2013) It heats up very fast, faster than any iron I have previously used. Yes, the filling of the reservoir was challenging at first. It does not require refilling as often as my previous iron. I use an old bottle from dishwashing liquid instead of the cup that comes with it. I like the variable steam which is easy to change while ironing.
- (06/11/2013) It is light weight, easy to use, and I love the retractable cord.